Beginners Guide to CBD
The Ultimate Short CBD Beginner’s Guide
Are you new to the world of CBD? Here’s a short, but comprehensive guide on all you need to know about cannabidiol and how CBD products work.
What is CBD?
CBD which is otherwise called cannabidiol is one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. However, unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is another popular compound found in the cannabis plant, CBD is non-psychoactive. This means that it does not have mind-altering effects that can intoxicate users. CBD belongs to a class of compounds called the cannabinoids, which are known for having no side effects and low toxicity.
What is CBD used for?
CBD is being used today for the treatment and management of many illnesses and diseases. Among these illnesses and diseases include depression, anxiety, muscle, and joint pains, seizures, migraines, skin conditions and many more. CBD also works for the treatment and management of some forms of cancers, as well as digestive problems.
How does CBD Work?
CBD works by stimulating the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is the system that ensures the body functions properly. It is responsible for maintaining balance as well as regulating important activities like motor control, mood, memory, pain perception, sleep and more. However, as the body ages, the endocannabinoid system struggles to maintain this balance, which can lead to complications. CBD, therefore, works by stimulating this system so that it rebalances and is able to fight or manage complications which can cause the body to perform below normal.
How to Take CBD
CBD is available in different forms, which allows people to choose their method of use, based on the need at hand. Some of the most common ways people take CBD include the following;
- CBD Oils/Tinctures: These are oils and tinctures, infused with CBD, and are typically dropped on/under the tongue for immediate relief.
- CBD Capsules: Capsules are another way to enjoy the health benefits of CBD. They are swallowed like regular pills and can be used in the treatment of seizures and pains.
- Creams & Lotions: This is a topical way of taking CBD. CBD creams and lotions can be applied directly on the skin to treat muscle and joint pains as well as skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- CBD Edibles: Edible CBD products include snacks, drinks, treats and many more. They are tasty and offer the same benefits as any of the other means of taking CBD.
- Vape: Lastly, CBD can be taken in form of vaping. Vaping is one of the fastest ways to get CBD into the system, as it involves directly inhaling the compound by means of a vaporizer.
The dosing for CBD will generally depend on factors like the illness/diseases to be used for, method of usage, and age. However, a general rule of thumb is to start with the lowest possible dose and gradually increase until the desired effect is reached. CBD dosing can, therefore, begin at 20-40mg, to as high as up to 1500mg. Depending on the type of product, there may be information regarding the right dosing on the product packing. Alternatively, you can consult your doctor or pharmacist for the proper dosing of CBD for various illnesses/diseases.
Where to Buy CBD Products
The increased popularity of the use of CBD as lead to a flooding of the market with numerous retailers offering a wide variety of CBD products. However, when buying CBD products for any reason, it is important that you buy from a reputable company, such as CBD' R US, which offer high-quality, pure-spectrum cannabinoid products made from organically grown hemp.